99 Wong Chuk Hang Road Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Telephone Number: +852 2871 8888
Fax Number: +852 2505 5577
The Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Academy) was formally established under the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine Ordinance (Cap 419), to address the need for essential postgraduate medical education and training in Hong Kong.
The Academy is an independent institution with statutory power to organise, monitor, assess and accredit all medical specialist training and to oversee the provision of continuing medical education in Hong Kong.
Objectives of the Academy are
● to promote the advancement of the art and science of medicine;
● to foster the development of continuing medical education;
● to promote integrity, ethical conduct and standards in the practice of medicine and its specialties;
● to promote the improvement of health care for Hong Kong citizens;
● to foster a spirit of co-operation among medical practitioners; and
● to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas in medicine and matters concerning the medical profession.